Cast of ‘Norma’ says opera difficult to sing but easy to enjoy
时间:2023-12-07 18:49:32 出处:건강阅读（143）
Director Alex Olle's production of “Norma,” which premiered to open the 2016 season at the Royal Opera House in London, is set to be staged at the Seoul Arts Center from Oct. 26-29.
“I am happy to conduct one of the true masterpieces of Italian operas. Bellini’s (composition) is very demanding technically. ... It is a difficult piece to cast. Without exceptional singers, it's better not to perform," said conductor Roberto Abbado during a press conference Monday. The performance is accompanied by the Korean National Symphony Orchestra with the Noi Opera Chorus.
"The shape of the melody is very long and broad. The shape of musical numbers requires longer breath and a longer arch," explained Abbado.
Particularly, the aria "Casta Diva," one of the defining moments of the opera, is known for its intricate vocal acrobatics. As the first aria sung by the protagonist Norma, the singer needs to convey the charisma of a priestess intertwined with her complex inner emotions through a melodic composition.
- Import prices up for 3rd month in September on higher oil prices
- Nam June Paik Art Center to be led by new director Park Nam
- S. Korea’s consumer sentiment turns sour in September: BOK index
- [Herald Interview] 'UN peacekeeping forces need better gender equity'
- 163 S. Koreans arrive home from Israel on military aircraft
- The Korea Herald to hold space forum on Oct. 11
- [사진] 영장심사 마친 이재명, 묵묵부답
- New teachers’ manual bans recording devices in classrooms
- 윤 대통령 “국민소통·현장소통·당정소통 강화하라”