[Herald Review] ‘Carmen’ redefines iconic femme fatale as stalking victim
时间:2023-12-07 18:06:12 出处:과학阅读（143）
Breaking away from the traditional portrayal of the iconic femme fatale, Carmen, Seoul Metropolitan Theatre's theatrical rendition of the classic character meets audiences with the haunting specter of dating violence.
Seoul Metropolitan Theatre Artistic Director Koh Sun-woong undertook the adaptation of “Carmen” to reevaluate the character in a new light and to deliver a powerful message: Obsession is not love.
Based on Prosper Merimee's 1845 novella and Bizet's opera libretto, the original narrative unfolds in 19th-century Seville, Spain, where a young corporal named Don Jose is to marry his demure fiancee, Micaela. Then he encounters the free-spirited, untamed gypsy woman Carmen, and falls deeply in love with her. Carmen, however, becomes entangled with the bullfighter Escamillo, leading Don Jose to make tragic choices driven by jealousy.
- Hyundai Rotem to showcase new ground weapons systems at Seoul expo
- [사진] 영장심사 마친 이재명, 묵묵부답
- Young swimmer enjoys self
- [Herald Interview] Forever is not impossible: Oneus aspires to global reach with 'La Dolce Vita'
- Welcome Daehakro Festival lights up Seoul's stage hub
- 민주당 새 원내대표에 친명 홍익표 “이재명과 총선 승리”
- Opposition leader Lee attends arrest warrant hearing at Seoul court
- Trilateral talks open on Korea
- 김성원 여의도연구원장 "공천장사 지라시, 허위사실 유포로 고소"